Wednesday

It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Apparently, when Mama and Papa noticed I was gone, they went to grandpa and he came clean. He also calmed them down a little. He is the best grandpa a boy could have. Mama was thrilled about her dress fabric, and papa exclaimed over his new overalls. I don't think my sisters will ever be mean to me again, not after I gave them all that candy. I asked grandpa about how to get a coon hide to train my dogs with, and he told me the most ridiculous plan ever. He told me to drill a hole in the side of a log, put four nails thorough it at a angle, and put a piece of tin or fish in the bottom. He said that the coon will reach in, grab the bait, and wont be able to pull his hand out because of the nails. I asked him if he thought I was an idiot, because all the coon would have to do is let go. He laughed and said that the coon will be to stubborn to let go, all I had to do was trap him and club him, and I'd have my coon. I'm skeptical but ill try it.  I put out seven traps today.

1 comment:

  1. Grandpa8:59 PM

    The plan will work, Billy, trust me. I've trapped many a greedy coon that way.

    ReplyDelete