Thursday

Last night Dan got in a fight with a bobcat. Not only a bobcat, but the biggest bobcat around. I don't like to kill them, their hinds are worthless and they have no good meat. But this was a exception. I almost decapitated him with the axe. Grandpa told me about a big champion coon hunt, winner gets a cash pool and a gold cup. He figures that there should be about 100 people there. Thats a lot of people!!!! He also said that with 5 dollars a person to go into the cash pool, the winner would get five hundred dollars! That plus all the money grandpa has saved from my coon skins, we would be able to move to town. I would miss it here, but I know mama would be happy and that's what matters the most. My dogs would be depressed, but it would be okay. I hope that I win, but at the same time I hope that I lose. I'm thinking about asking papa to come with us, but he might have work to do. I have never been to a big coon hunt and I'm really excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment